1 the relative frequency of occurrence of something [syn: relative incidence]
2 the striking of a light beam on a surface; "he measured the angle of incidence of the reflected light"
The act of something happening; occurrence
- Finnish: tapahtuma
The extent, or the relative frequency of something happening
- Finnish: esiintymistiheys
The striking of radiation or a projectile upon a surface
Incidence may refer to:
- Incidence (epidemiology), a measure of the risk of developing some new condition within a specified period of time
- Incidence (geometry), the binary relations describing how subsets meet
- Angle of incidence, a measure of deviation of something from "straight on"
- Incidence algebra, associative algebra used in combinatorics, a branch of mathematics
- Incidence structure, a feature of combinatorial mathematics
incidence in German: Inzidenz
incidence in French: Incidence
accident, amount, coming to be, common occurrence, commonness, contingency, contingent, degree, event, eventuality, eventuation, extent, frequence, frequency, habitualness, materialization, number, occurrence, oftenness, prevalence, quantity, rate, realization, relative incidence, routineness, usualness